Thursday, July 16, 2009

Table clothes and sashes

So I have been pondering what to do about linens. I think we are just going to have to rent them. My friend had champagne organza overlays that were lap length. Champagne is kinda a goldenish cream color. Anyways, so i have been looking around and we can get linens for a decent price as far as linens go at signiture party rental where we are looking at the tent. We have eight round tables that I envision would be in the pintuck brown. Then I would have the display table and refreshment tables in rectangle green sage table clothes and the guest book table in the red. That in my estimation would tally up to about: $128.00


8-108" pintuck brown round table linens=$80.00
1-90" red round table linen=$8.00
4-90"x152" sage green banquet table linens= $40.00



I envisioned that there would be red and orange sashes tied on the eight chairs surrounding each table. That way all the colors are represented, but nothing too over the top. Now if we wanted to purchase sashes to go with it, then it would be another $64.00

8 tables seating 8=64 x$1.00 per sash= $64.00

But I found this wholesale organza website. We could purchase a whole bolt of organze (10 yds of 60" organza) for the low low price of $5.45 and make our own 4"x108" sashes. We could get a bolt of red and orange for $10.90 + $7.50 shipping and handling and some stress of Karla who will end up making these lovely things :) for a grand total of $18.40!

Am I fabulous? I am. :)

So table linens in the end would cost a grand total of $146.40. I am not sure we will be able to do it much cheaper.

2 comments:

  1. I was reading your earlier post about the brown table clothes and I think I would rathr have sage ties. It might be too festive with the red and orange ones. Then we could perhaps highlight the red and orange in the other decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the brown pintuck. I think you're right - we'll probably need to rent these. It will save a lot of stress and worry to do that instead of sewing 8 huge tablecloths. I wonder if we can find a good deal on some sage fabric for the ties.

    ReplyDelete