So I've been thinking about cupcakes. I'd really like to make a bunch over Labor Day so we can try out the recipes and see what works and what you like.
1. Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. We're doing these for sure. I'm thinking we will want orange cupcake liners for these to show they are pumpkin flavor.
2. Chocolate cupcakes - and I think you said you wanted green colored frosting for these. Did you want vanilla frosting, colored green? Another idea I had was doing mint flavored frosting to match the green color. What do you think? It may be too much, especially if we are doing the mints already, but it was an idea. Maybe brown cupcake liners for these.
3. I do think it would be really pretty to do some cupcakes with chocolate frosting, whether they be chocolate or vanilla cupcakes. I think red liners with the chocolate frosting would look beautiful.
4. We could also do a citrus flavored one, more of a muffin without a glaze or scaled back frosting. I found a recipe for a citrus poppyseed cupcake here: http://foodaholic.wordpress.com/2007/09/16/citrus-poppyseed-cupcakes/ We could add an orange glaze to make it look more festive.
What are your thoughts? Do you want just the pumpkin and chocolate? Or do we want to throw some vanilla or other flavored cupcakes in there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am open to all of your cupcake ideas. I think they are great. Let's definitely make some cupcakes over labor day.
ReplyDelete